Thursday, August 5, 2010

Maine Striper Fishing Reports

A few years back I ran into the Eldredge fly shop on my way to Cape Cod, I left my fly box on the counter after showing some patterns I had been working on, continued to do some tying material shopping and after a conversation of different bait that had been showing in the waters I checked out. Well I open the box on my skiff to find a bunch of shelled peanuts to fall to the deck,Ha Ha?? the was point was don't forget about peanut bunker, well after a few years of a no shows they came into Casco Bay thick this week and with them some bigger bass and blues!!! the problem is they are holding to one hell of a weed line and the area that we are getting shots at surface feeding fish you catch more floating eel grass than anything Else, witch has me hoping for bright sun so I can fish the sand flats and stop worrying about those fish in the weed area until it cleans up with a good wind or a bigger tides like ones coming up next week,the weeds have been a issue in parts of the bay sense the last new moon tides. Bait wise we have plenty as well there are lots of well fed bass around the bay and for the first time in about a month got into some small bass for a few days, good to see! got our first small group of blues about two weeks ago so be ready with bite tippet and some small peanut patterns thing could become very fun around here even in this heat!!!

No comments:

Maine Striper Reports May 10 th 2019

And just like that,,,, They are here, not in number and still spotty but the baits and small schoolies are starting to show, check back ...