Sunday, May 23, 2010

Maine Striper Fishing Reports



Weather forecast HOT near 90 on Tuesday, Fishing to the south of us Hot!!!! I have my hopes up that is going to be a good year!!! I can tell you this, we are off to a good start here in Casco Bay. We hit a fat 31 inch off a island flat near a river mouth followed up by a 14 inch striper two cast later a mixed bag and that seems to be the word on the water from Long Island NY to Casco Bay.

A few days ago on Maine Striper Fishing Reports blog, I recommended to stay near the rivers, and yes they are holding lots of fish and bait, well the fog had everyone staying in the river today, I hate crowds!! so I ran off to some flats in the hope to pick up a few more before calling it a day, well we found fish scattered and feeding 3-4 miles away from any river system with plenty of small fin bait to keep them here for a few days. I have a feeling there going to just keep moving into our waters pretty thick over the next few weeks, we have the bait!!!! but something we have not had in 3 years is water temps pretty equal to other area in the migration zone.
Long Island 55.0 Block Island 54.0 Buzzard 54.3 Portland 52.0 last year we where 7-9 degrees off in water temps in early June,

A few days just opened up that are prime time and tides June 16-19
I also have few day open in early June. Call for July Dates 207-671-4330
Also I have some angler looking to trade in there rods and reels for the latest greatest, if you ae looking for a used 7-12 wt there are some great deals to be had!! drop a line and I can get in touch with the seller.

1 comment:

El Pescador said...

Joe Z. and I had some luck yesterday. Here's the trip report link with pix - http://www.wayupstream.com/2010/05/one-on-books.html

Maine Striper Reports May 10 th 2019

And just like that,,,, They are here, not in number and still spotty but the baits and small schoolies are starting to show, check back ...