Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Maine Striper Fishing Reports and Guided Trips

Wow what great weather!!!! and a real good start to the striper season here in Maine, with solid catch reports up and down the coast!! The last few days I tried a few different Tides, yesterday Capt. John ford and I went out with floating lines and worm patterns in search of leftovers at first light. What we found was a few fish on the surface but really no solid hookups until the tide filled in, once again found our fish on the flats not in the river?? But I'm sure there are some large fish to be had in the rivers!!! I finish my day yesterday stand up paddle surfing in the OOB area with my wife, and holly cow did we see some schools of bass moving around, not feeding, head down and swimming hard. Today I started my day surfing once again in OOB at sunrise lot's of terns working the water around 7 or so. Spent the late morning fishing with a Fly rod reel rep, casting a prototype one piece 9 wt real cool rod!! today was a scout day for my trips over the week, so we went to places just wondering if there was bait there, well not only was there bait but bass as well, these are outer island spots, I don't fish until late June or early July, there is a ton of bait and we landed fish from 14-28 in the bright sun. The water quality is still clean with these big moon tides, temps great. In some of the flats you might run into a lot of pollen on the surface fish it any ways you can still get hook ups !! I have had a few email about worm patterns, yes the Casco Bay anglers really need to dial this in, it is a treat!!! and even in off years I could count on good fishing during these tides. I am in the final planning stages of doing a fly tying night in June the focus will be worms and crabs email me if you want to be on the list.

Enjoy the weekend and fish hard.
Open June dates I have a few scattered good tides the first two weeks so call for tides, also June 17, 18 and 19 just opened up. Also openings for evening trips

Capt Eric Wallace
207-671-4330

No comments:

Maine Striper Reports May 10 th 2019

And just like that,,,, They are here, not in number and still spotty but the baits and small schoolies are starting to show, check back ...